Article, Dot Net Development
An amalgamation of advanced mobility concepts and development platforms is trying to provide ease in enterprise app development. Designing and developing an enterprise application means accomplishing thousands of requirements in an efficient manner. As per Microsoft, Enterprise applications are complex, scalable, distributed, component-based, and mission-critical in today’s corporate environment. It involves highly complex way of organizing the data across various platforms and networks. It is also called as Enterprise Application Software (EAS). Simply stated, it is the heart of business processes in large corporation to simplify the operations, financial features, strategic decision-making processes and information base.
Why an Enterprise application is complex compare to other application?
1) Manipulates gigantic data through multi-component and multi-user environment
2) Must meet business needs along with distributed resources and act as Management Information System(MIS)
3) Must sustain tremendous transactions in a paralleled fashion and an application must be developed highly scalable in order to respond as per the business requirements.
These characteristics of enterprise app clearly creates challenging way for development. Additionally, rapidly increasing networks and software integrations in industry have added more complexity in dynamic development environment. Hence, enterprise apps must be responsive to the global surroundings along with real-time performance.
As we know enterprise apps have a complicated way of managing the massive data and control over upcoming changes. Well designed architecture and understanding of base model of an enterprise application would help you achieve uncomplicated manners during the development mode. To help you better understand the range of requirements, here are some noteworthy considerations. Let’s go through it.
1) Identify a clear depiction of your business requirements
2) Decide the deadline within must enterprise app must be developed
3) Make network and hardware requirements clear and in organized way
4) Make a list of roles, end-users and levels of users within an enterprise
5) Settle on Security, maintenance and support requirement and act accordingly
6) Fundamentally, decide the budget and various cost associated with development process
7) When and how it will be deployed and actively used
Remember, without an entire understanding to determine further path to build an application, one might not understand where to begin and how it must be planned. These requirements may help you design a simple and organized model that further can be extended with advanced requirements.
Designing large-scale enterprise application requires the precise understanding of relationship between abstract models. You can further divide these abstract modules into sub-part, relate and associate with one another. In this design manner, you can observe one whole vision of your application and at the same time you can split the system into parts and apply correlation on those.
The below Enterprise application model from Microsoft, presents such abstraction. Well, this model is pretty excellent for large-scale business ventures. You can be able to connect the physical prototype with logical model that is appropriately based on business requirement. You can be able to get the overall visualization and critical insights of an application from this model correctly. Let’s proceed with this well-defined enterprise development model.
The Enterprise Development Model
The above model allows you to define strategic relationship among various models and each model can be separated and worked in independent manner. Each sub-part has own set of requirements with processes and proven methodologies. Besides, you could get to know the conflicting prospects among models and its sub-parts before it could take place. Therefore, you can be able to plan and design those changes when necessary.
So up to this phase, you can be able to understand the requirements and model of the enterprise application model. Interested?
Let’s move further with enterprise application development platforms.
Well, there are many enterprise application development platforms and all are unique to serve the functionalities in every manner. The main point to measure is, the platform is robust in nature, secured, highly scalable and provides distributed network environment. At the present time, the enterprise application development platform is gradually moving towards more optimized use of technology. For the enterprise application development Microsoft .Net platform is extensively used across worldwide to build incredibly top-notch solution for enterprises. Due to its robust features and huge library resources .net platform has succeeded to keep premier place in the world of enterprise development.
The reasons why .Net is popular platform for developing enterprise application?
1) The .Net framework supports rich set of features and language interoperability and provides real-time object oriented environment.
2) Security is a major concern in enterprise application. With .Net the security issue can be managed with constant authentication, and robust security provisions.
3) Lesser coding requirement and rich design elements allows you to build attractive and feature rich application faster and in an effective manner
4) The entire .net application platform is working as a rich set of tools for designing, developing, and deploying the application. Hence, you can develop a precise enterprise app covered well from all the perspectives
Have question? Why don’t you drop us a line?
Microsoft .Net application platform allows you to build corporate enterprise applications with all advanced features that served as a perfect mobility solution for your enterprise.
In spite of having advanced platform availability, there are some challenges existing in the enterprise application development. So, what are those challenges?
In today’s world, the large-enterprise applications are vulnerable to security threats due to latest and updated technology usage.
Mobile enterprise apps:
You have observed that, the position of enterprise application is gradually moving from desktop to web, and web to mobile. Well, going mobile in enterprise application requires proficient knowledge of advanced concepts and synchronization between various portable devices.
Real time analysis and big data:
Enterprise data needs to be maintained in timely and analytical order. The growing number of data and analysis has increased in enterprise drastically. Hence, enterprise needs to accommodate the ongoing requirements of accurate analysis and big data to observe the slopes in enterprise.
Enterprise applications or Enterprise Application Software (EAS) needs a highly-scalable environment to satisfy the ever-changing business needs. It must reflect the business goals in continuous changing business environment. And to accomplish this requirement, .Net platform serves as exceptional and unbeatable way along with the protection of enormous data.