All, Case Study, Healthcare, Web & Desktop Application
By now, all of us are aware of the ebola and most of us live with the fear of catching the disease! So, in order to get the peace of mind, you can subscribe to the system that makes you aware through alerts if any case for ebola is registered within the region that you have subscribed for.
The client required following things:
- Subscribers should be able to mention the radius of the area, state or the region of their choice for which they want information about the Ebola victims.
- They should get options to choose to get the notification through email, SMS or both; they should be able to unsubscribe whenever they want to.
- They can get the alert either instantly or at the end of the day; whichever they choose to get.
- Provide a free trial for 7 days and then charge 49.99 per month to continue receiving alerts.
- The sole intention was to give people peace of mind and let them know how far Ebola is from them and from their loved ones.
There were no challenges as such; however, there were a couple of things that were a little difficult to achieve. So, let us take a look at those points:
- It was really difficult for the team to find out if any Ebola cases have been reported anywhere across the United States
- To send the alerts to the subscribers as per their package was no easy! Some ask for the instant alert, whereas some ask for the end of the day report. Some ask for the email alert, whereas some ask for the SMS alert!
- It was difficult to confirm whether the case that has been reported is confirmed or suspected and also, to find out how far it is from the region of the subscriber, as it is necessary to send all these details to them
|Operating System & Server Management
||Red Hat Linux OS, Multi-Server Architecture with Staging & Production Environment through Version Controlling releases, Server Optimization,Security & SSL Implementation, Scheduler for Back-ups, Alert Monitoring System Integration, Server Performance Tuning at regular intervals, Software Firewall Configuration & Maintenance
|Development Tools & Environments
||Node JS, Angular JS, AJAX, Java Script, HTML5, CSS3 etc.
- Ebola is real scary thing; so it demands proper planning so as to keep the subscribers up to date about the information in order to give them the peace of mind.
- The planning was done for all the states of the United States of America. If any case was reported in the entire United States, it should be found if it is suspected or confirmed and then the information should be sent to all the subscribers who have subscribed for that particular region or the nearby areas along with the information about the distance between the area of the case reported and the area of the subscriber.
- The alert should be sent via email, SMS or both, whatever the subscriber has registered for. The alert should be sent instantly to the people who want it and rest should get the report at the end of the day.
As the presence of Ebola led American to go nervous and worried big time, the client had decided to make people aware of the distance between them and Ebola. If they are aware of how far Ebola is from them and from their loved ones, they will get peace of mind. So, the team developed a system that sends alert to the subscriber through email or SMS. The alert contains the information of the case of Ebola, whether the case is suspected or confirmed as well as how far it is from the region that they have subscribed. So, in short people can leave this stressful task of tracking Ebola to the client and stay relieved.