Of course, Drupal websites can look the way you want, but that doesn’t mean it is a cream pie for the designers designing Drupal websites. There is no denying that Drupal website design & development is reaching sky-high these days, but when it comes to design a Drupal website from scratch, many designers often commit a few very common mistakes.
Are you one of those website designers planning to design Drupal website for your client? Do you know what the important things you should consider are? If yes, this article would be helpful for you. In this article, we’re going to explore some of the most important do’s and don’ts every designer should keep in mind while designing Drupal website.
- Always use reusable graphic elements – It is obvious, but sometimes it is possible that designer may wish to resize graphical elements like icon, button, arrows and so on based on the page. If a graphic element appears on different backgrounds, it is important that you include such elements on separate layer. It will make it easy for the designers to use on a sprite with transparency.
- Do consider using a Grid – It is always beneficial to use Grid while designing Drupal Website as it will help you make your site visually appealing to the users while giving uniformity to the layout that can help them save a lot of time.
- Do make yourself aware about Drupal forms – Drupal brings a few forms, which may encourage designers to redesign, including log-in form, node add form, contact form and so on. Therefore, it is important that you get yourself familiarize with the different Drupal forms.
- Try to know how contents are displayed by default in Drupal – Content is a tedious part whenever you design Drupal website and thus, it is important that you try to know the contents will be displayed by default in Drupal.
- Avoid using Photoshop tricks over the web as it won’t work for you! Of course, Adobe Photoshop has the ability to do a lot of things, but that doesn’t mean you can also do it. So, avoid using Photoshop tricks while designing Drupal website as it won’t work.
- Don’t overlook the elements that will always require customization or theming in Drupal. Sometimes, it is very easy to design what you need, but when it comes to Drupal, the equations changed.
- Avoid using styles that may require frequent changes on different pages. One should keep in mind that Drupal is built using series of templates and if you try use styles that will change from a page to page, you will require more time. Therefore, you should consider style that is uniform throughout different pages of the website.
Are you planning to go for Drupal website design? Ensure you consider all the do’s and don’ts discussed in this article to make it effective and appealing for the end users. Do you have more things to share? Share your views in the comments.