All, Case Study, Mobile and Wireless
Mobile App for Project Management and Multiple Team Collaboration
Client required a mobile web application that businesses may use to hire and manage workers online instead of onsite. The main objective of developing this application was to find and hire great people, view work in progress and staff up and down as needed right from their mobile phones.This application is a common platform for both workers and employers. It is a platform that allows project accomplishment on almost every technology. Some of its features are as follows:
- Allows registration of any skilled user and allows sending invitations.
- Allows posting of jobs, view proposals on the job and hiring online.
- Managing user profiles and image uploading activity. Also includes Push notification availability.
- Job viewing facility to service providers and upload of bid proposal for hirers view.
- Allows messaging facility in workroom, manages inbox for project-related communication.
- Allows secure transfer and viewing of attachments.
- Team management facility is provided and shows no. of people working in the team and their projects.
- Helps tracking team records and other details for efficient team work.
- Sends messages and alerts on mobile. All alerts from all projects are aggregated together ordered by date.
- Implementation and management of an exhaustive database of user profiles and user related statistics.
Team faced the following challenges:
- Creating a photo viewing function similar to Facebook’s was a difficult part in the project. The viewer is as smooth and fine tweaking as the one we use in various social networking sites.
- Server access using OAuth standards with hexadecimal encryption for credential security.
- User security is ensured in various ways like password locks, incorrect password triggers to specified time of phone lock, unlocking of phone through logging into web application and so on.
- Pull to reload feature and load more functionality.
|Operating System & Server Management
||iOS, Multi-Server Architecture with Staging & Production Environment through Version Controlling releases, Server Optimization, Security & SSL Implementation, Scheduler for Back-ups, Alert Monitoring System Integration, Server Performance Tuning at regular intervals, Software Firewall Configuration & Maintenance
|Development Tools & Environments
||C, Objective C, Cocoa Framework, MVC, Xcode, iPhone SDK, Xcode Instruments etc.
||MSSQL Database Server, DB Clustering, DB Optimization, Master Slave Replication, Query Optimization, Scheduler for Backups
|Quality Assurance Tester
The design approach was built around Objective-C using the Cocoa Framework. Considering the structure of the mobile application, various tools were used to enhance its performance over the wireless device.
- Constant storage and retrieval of data with continued enhanced performance was the conjuration for the smooth functioning database.
- Stored procedures were used for the handling of complex queries from multiple tables.
- In order to most effectively access the database in an object-oriented context, an interface translating the object logic to the relational logic was used to communicate with the relational databases in an object-oriented manner.
- The UI layer was kept free of any business logic with images, applications and data being called from their respective servers.
- The application was kept highly scalable to change to the market requirements. Various tools were used to build a sophisticated application providing ultimate experience to the client.
Considering the enormous structure of the mobile application it is constituted of four tier development approach as follows:
- Data access layer included libraries responsible for accessing data from the database.
- The User Interface layer consisted of creating User Interface or GUI for the user.
- All procedures that included user profile creation, registration and so on pertaining to the business logic falls into Business Logic layer.
- Database layer involved communication through tables, stored procedures, MSSQL database server etc.
- Communication with the web browser was established by the web server using HTTP protocol.
The designed system provided a comprehensive solution for online hiring and working of the projects. The system eased the access to web application which allows project management through GPRS. The system possesses the capability to provide its users with numerous options for managing proposals and keep track of team activity every now and then. A system for sending reply-enabled alerts and messages was incorporated within the system which could be used to gain valuable user preferences, statistics and other user-related information. The site was developed and fully functional within a span of 6 months.