- Do prevent jack attack. In a nutshell, a click of a website can hijacked by any other website with the help of the click jack technique. It basically utilizes the z-index property of DIV and Iframe tags within an HTML page. It will cause the mailicious website to load the actual website page in its HTML Iframe and put the actual website in the background with transparency set to false. To overcome this issue, you can use X-Frame options.
- Restrict Vulnerable HTTP method. HTTP methods can be easily exploited. The “OPTIONS” HTTP method is enabled. Such methods can be easily used in foot printing or profiling the application or server. Ensure you use UrlScan tool to overcome this problem. It helps you prevent running malicious code, requests that come to IIS and which can pose a threat for the overall website or application functioning.
- Always encrypt connection string in web.config file. It is always advisable to keep a clear and plain connection string within a web.config file. There is a lot of risk and consequences are involved with it. All you have to do is to go to Visual Studio command prompt in the C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\, install ASP.NET using the aspnet_regiis-I command, encrypt web.config connectoin strings, run a few commands like aspnet_regiis -pa “NetFrameworkConfigurationKey” “ASPNET”, aspnet_regiis -pa “NetFrameworkConfigurationKey” “NETWORK SERVICE”, aspnet_regiis -pa “NetFrameworkConfigurationKey” “NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE” and restart the ISS server.
- Talking About ASP.NET Application Development – Do’s To Avoid Security Vulnerability, Don’t forget to set a custom error page. It is important that you enable custom error page in web.config file. It will help the users to understand the semantics of your code and flow. It is always a good practice to display a custom error page.
- Don’t forget to pass a secure cookie. It prevents from being sent to the HTTP traffic. Always set SECURE flag on all the cookies. It will tell the users’ browser to only send back this cookie over SSL-secure HTTPS connections. The web browser will never send a secure cookie over an unencrypted HTTP connection.
Talking About ASP.NET Application Development – Do’s To Avoid Security Vulnerability, Today, various critically sensitive websites and web applications like internet banking sites, governement websites and more are build using ASP.NET platform. Of course, ASP.Net development ensures highly secure and robust web applications, but still no all the websites or applications managed to drive the same level of security/ Today, many ASP.NET websites or applications are developed wihtout considering security assessment, which at the end leads to non compliance and may come under security threats. Such applications are vulnerable to many critical and harmful attacks. So, how to strengthen the security among the applications developed? The guide below will help you mitigate the security risks while reducing the unauthorized activities within an application. Here’re a few do’s that every developer should follow in order to leverage from secure ASP.NET applciation development:
9 Ways to Engage Your Website Users
10 Reasons Why Marketing in Social Media is Essential for Business Owners
8 Ultimate Instagram Marketing Tips That Can Never Go Wrong
The CEO of Brainvire InfoTech Mr. Chintan Shah Shares Significant Business Strategies with GoodFirms
Why Enterprises Must Integrate Big Data Analytics with .NET Development
Learn How the Beauty Industry Is Getting a Makeover With Artificial Intelligence