The IT industry is a dynamic arena; therefore, it is a paramount for businesses to be innovative and responsive with their web development. To grow globally, Web developers need to stay upgraded with the market trends as this technologically-driven world demands well-designed, functional, optimized, secured, and user-friendly websites which are equally reliable and can outsmart the competition.
Nevertheless, we have effective platforms and technologies that are helping us keep up with the technological drifts and are propitious to achieve what is expected. One such likely-looking technology for development purposes is MEAN Stack.
MEAN is a full Stack JS platform that proved to be quite promising in building highly competent, robust and scalable applications. Although there are many technological options available in the market, a huge inclination has been observed towards MEAN Stack, the reason being its quality of creating high performing applications such as – dynamic single-page applications, complex enterprise applications, big data-oriented web apps, real-time apps, and social media apps.
It is a flexible, open-source framework with MEAN being an acronym, standing for MongoDB, Express, Angular, and Node.js.
Let’s take a glance at all four components of MEAN Stack
1. MongoDB (database program)
- Open-source NoSQL database that serves the best of both NoSQL and RDBMS
- Flexible schema designs
- Uses JSON for front-end and API communication
- Relies on architecture for collecting data and documents
- Handles large volumes of data due to the scalable nature of the database.
- Big companies like Accenture, Alibaba travels, Lyft uses MongoDB
Have a Project Idea?
Want to convert your idea into a successful app or website? Schedule your free call with our expert now.
2. Express (back-end web framework)
- A part of the MEAN stack works along with Node.js making the development process
- It enables developers to build faster applications
- High routing mechanism
- Allows developers to build great content on the page using template engines
- Offers easy debugging with its specialized debugging mechanism
Twitter, stack, client platform, etc bring Express under use
3. Angular.js (frontend framework)
- MVC design pattern that helps in better web development
- It is built and maintained by google
- Efficient two-way data binding
- Low code framework
- Modular structure simplifies development and testing
Global companies like Paypal, Deutsche Bank, Forbes, Gmail, etc used Angular.js to scale their web development
4 . Node.js ( back-end runtime environment)
- It is built on chrome’s V8 engine which makes it fast in nature
- It uses the single-threaded model
- This application never buffers any data output is provided in parts
Companies like general electrics, eBay, go daddy, Microsoft uses Node.js for web development.
Some substantial reasons why we think MEAN Stack is here to stay
Versatile in Nature
Development, testing, and cloud integration are done optimally. MEAN Stack is unbelievably flexible for the developers. With the help of MongoDB, any sort of alteration like adding or deleting information from the app can be done, just by adding more fields in the form. It also provides a full cluster report and easy replication.
Easy MVP Development
Due to its fast framework MEAN Stack can create easy and quick MVPs. MVP stands for Minimum Viable Product. It is a small version of an entire product with minimal features that can be tried and tested by early users before the product launch who gives their vital input for future development. These MVPs may be less fulfilling but still adequate to give feedback. Building early MVPs gives you market insight and are very crucial for cutbacks.
Easy to switch between Server and Client Site
Using MEAN Stack for app development gives users a flawless experience. It makes it extremely easy using some mere coding to switch between server-side and client-side without including any third-party server to deploy apps. With the help of Node.js, apps can be directly deployed to the server.
Effortless Isomorphic Coding
Development with MEAN Stack is isomorphic which means MEAN Stack can run on multiple platforms without making any changes to the source code. Consequently, it minimizes development efforts and allows developers to utilize their time and resources in escalating already created applications.
Considering all the features, benefits, market coverage it is clear that MEAN Stack development has a bright future.
MEAN Stack provides everything a company expects to achieve after incorporating this framework in their web development projects from better performance of the app to the reduction of time and cost.
In the current competitive arena where each company attempts to thrive and outperform the peers, selecting apt technology for web development will make a major difference as a website is not just a collection of basic pages with codes, they are the reflection of your company, and MEAN Stack is leading the Development herd.