Categories : All, Case Study, Digital marketing, Retail / E-commerce
The client has a web collection of wedding invitations, baby announcements, personalized
stationery, holiday cards, gift enclosures, thank you cards, invitations, calling cards, maps boxed
note cards, boxed gift enclosures, boxed fill-in invitations, boxed placecards and lots more. The site also offers custom illustration, design, and architectural sketches on an hourly basis.
Client required that their website be a channel to sell the products like gift cards, invitations, thank you cards and other such stationary. These items will be delivered to customers conveniently. This is a sales channel that will be convenient for the customers as well as
Client’s requirement was to increase the sales of their products and improve the traffic to the website. They also were looking for a social media plan for spreading the word and increasing popularity.
Establishing a presence over the internet required proper planning, extensive research and adequate knowledge of Digital marketing methods. Marketing plans that included Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Social Media Marketing (SMM) was prepared.
The very specific client requirements were:
- Driving web traffic to the ecommerce site using SEO organically.
- Keyword research to target the right audience for all the stationary products.
- Social Media Marketing to increase popularity and build brand reputation.
- Increase sales of the products organically.
- Search Engine Ranking for all the major keywords selected.
- On page activities for content and HTML optimization.
- Link building Campaign setup for establishing a presence on web and improving search rankings.
Marketing the products via the right channels to the right kind of audience required thorough
market research and planning. The following challenges needed to be addressed with this project:
- Thorough keyword research was required for targeting the marketing plans to the right audience.
- Improving web traffic organically.
- Improving sales was a challenge.
- Improving search engine rankings for many categories of the Website
- Establishing online presence required SEO planning and strategizing.
- A social media marketing plan needed to be created for a targeted reach to the right customers.
Digital Marketing and promotion plan for the website included optimizations For On Page, Off page,Social Media etc.
The following Digital Marketing plan was executed for marketing the website:
On-Page and Off-Page SEO Plan:
- Title Tags, Description Tags and Keyword Tags were all updated with the appropriate keywords for every page.
- Powerful keywords selected for all pages
- H1 to H6 tags added
- Site was checked for broken links and redirected pages
- Directory Submission to the popular directories was carried out.
- Top social bookmarking websites were targeted for website promotions
Social Media Marketing
- The power of social media was used for gaining the right visibility.
- Social media pages for the website were created on the websites that have a lively community of users.
- Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Twitter and Google+ profiles were maintained on a daily basis and
ongoing interactions between visitors were kept lively.
- Potential of other powerful social sites like stumbleupon and pinterest were harnessed to gain more popularity and to drive more traffic to the website.
A substantial improvement was seen in the rankings as well as the number of visitors. Website traffic saw an instant upward trend. The highlights of the results are:
- Substantial rise in the number of visitors to the website.
- The website ranking was improved.
- Improved Visibility
- Sales instantly increased by 30%.
- Accurate planning for social media promotions helped the website gain a larger fan base and hence gain more and more popularity with online shoppers and shopping enthusiasts in general.