Categories : All, Case Study, Mobile and Wireless, Retail / E-commerce
The main requirement of the client was to make the retail app which was divided into two parts: one app for the sellers and another for customers. The specific requirements were:
Client required the following:
- Customer should be able to search for the products either from the search bar or from the drop down menu from the preferred category.
- They should select the particular seller for the product and create the lead by writing the name and clicking on submit button.
- They can add any channels for the packages.
- Sellers should get an email within one minute of the creating of lead by customers.
- Sellers should be able to view the customer details in the bid and enter the price, discount to submit the bid.
- Customers should get the bid notification email within one minute after the seller submits the bid.
Team faced the following challenges::
- It was difficult to make the responsive design compatible for multiple devices with different resolutions.
- The implementation of push notification for Android was not so easy
- Implementation of push notification for iOS was really tough too
|Operating System & Server Management||iOS, Android, Windows OS, Multi-Server Architecture with Staging & Production Environment through Version Controlling releases, Server Optimization, Security & SSL Implementation, Scheduler for Back-ups, Alert Monitoring System Integration, Server Performance Tuning at regular intervals, Software Firewall Configuration & Maintenance|
|Quality Assurance Tester||2|
The planning was done taking into the consideration the customersas well as sellers. So, the team planned to develop two apps; one for customer and one for retailer. The entire process was divided into small steps.
- The customer can search for the products from search option
- They can select the products from the drop down menu of the product category
- They can view the list of sellers that sell that product and select the preferred seller
- They can enter their name and click on submit button to generate lead
- They get the lead created successfully message and get navigated to home screen
- Sellers get the lead notification within 1minute after creating of lead
- Seller app gets opened automatically on clicking the notification
- They can see the latest lead at the top of the list
- On selecting the lead, they can view customer details.
- All they need to do is set price and discount amount
- Then, they can submit the bid so that customers can get mail within a minute
After considering all the requirements of client and the planning, the team has decided to go with the three tier architecture:
- The best thing about the application is the push notifications.
- There is no wastage of time; as the customer as well as seller gets the notification for the bid and lead created respectively.
- The applications can run smoothly on android as well as iOS devices in order to serve the large audience.
- The customers get to buy the best products from the best sellers, with the right price.