Categories : Article, Node.JS
Node.js enjoys the virtue of having 3.5 million users and every year, the emerging platform for building scalable real-time web apps, mobile applications, Microservices architectures and enterprise applications is growing at 100 percent rate.
The latest Node.js version 6.0 release is packed with amazing features such as enhanced performance, increased stability, faster module loading and testing, better security, good documentation coverage, and improved buffer and file system APIs.
These offerings of Node.js bring it on the top in the technology world that’s populated with tons of programming languages, frameworks and platforms. Across different industry verticals, Node.js is gaining popularity because of the security, usability and reliability it provides. Walmart, Groupon and Uber to name a few are the leading retailers that has embraced this technology.
Is Node.js so worthy for retailers? Why is it getting more space in retail industry? And, why other retailers should opt for it? Are these questions hammering your mind? If yes, read further to get exact answer of these questions.
Yes, going Node.js is the best choice that retailers can make. See, why? As, customer’s buying behavior has changed and now, they prefer to shop from mobile, instead of looking through their desktop or tablet. Mobile shopping is on the rise and when e-retailers enable mobile shopping, there are certain factors that they have to consider like- faster page loading and improved performance even in high traffic for providing best customer experience. Here, Node.js would help. There are some more reasons due to which retailers can count on Node.js.
Let’s enlist all the benefits that online retailers will get leveraging Node.js:
1) Node.js can build data-intensive apps that runs seamlessly across multiple devices in real-time. So, the same application running on different devices would display synchronized content with no disparity.
2) NPM- Node.js package manager has an incredible number of modules that can be used instantly. Thus, developers can build applications easily without needing to start from the scratch. This increases developer throughput and retailers will get app built in shortest possible time.
4) E-commerce apps built using Node.js can keep up with traffic without any hitch. For instance, Walmart, one of the leading retailer using Node.js has garnered 500 million page views on Black Friday without any impediment.
5) Node.js use in the websites speed up the page loading (Reduce the page loading time by half) that plays a vital role in bringing huge success because customers expects a page to load in 3 seconds and if it takes longer time, then customers abandon using such websites. Delight your users using Node.js.
6) App development using Node.js is agile and the apps can be easily modified. The traditional applications are rigid and it’s difficult to add new requirements, but using Node.js, a group of small applications is developed, so changes can be easily made without needing to change thhe complete code-base.
7) With increased testing and documentation, developers can test different alternatives swiftly. Suppose, developers are trying to build an app and wherein they come up with different interfaces. These interfaces can be tested quickly and effortlessly.
After summing up the benefits, it’s no-brainer to think even once that Node.js application development will add value to E-retailers or not. The retailers can outgrow and outpace their competitors by upgrading the E-commerce store according to changing customer needs and behavior in a short span of time. Give a leg up to your store embracing Node.js.
Stay tuned with us to know about the success story of retailers using Node.js!