Latest Features for Magento Community Edition 1.9 and Magento Enterprise Edition 1.14 6529 Views May 15, 2014
Magento is by far the most widely used ecommerce solution and it keeps getting better by the day with new technology enhancements added to make it a robust, new age and sustainable solution. The field of ecommerce has seen a transformation recently with more and more businesses moving towards an online presence and opting for Magento web development Company. The transformation got even better with the mobile technologies that swept the market. Today ecommerce solutions need to have a mobile readiness too! Magento has announced its latest releases for CE and EE versions and they include all the features an ecommerce site would require to increase sales, capture new customers and go responsive too! The latest releases of Magento are:
- Magento Community Edition (CE) 1.9
- Magento Enterprise Edition (EE) 1.14
- The use of PHP 5.4 provides for better memory usage thus enhancing the overall performance.
- The Zend Framework has also been upgraded to 1.12.3.
- Magento EE 1.14 now also supports Apache Solr versions upto 3.6.2.
- A mobile ready site can be made up and running in half the time and resources giving you ample marketing time. Without extra expenses on responsive Magento web development.
- You are better equipped to stand out in the fierce and rapidly growing mobile commerce competition.
- Presents merchants with new opportunities with less expensive maintenance.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) benefits can also be derived from a responsive website.
- This feature is advantageous for merchants operating in diverse geographical locations and for those who wish to show a single price to all customers.
- Store Owners get a clutter free pricing structure, regardless of the tax structure that varies from county to country.
- NOTE: this feature is available for the EU (European Union) merchants and the prices must be displayed inclusive of the taxes.
- Ajax is used to enable users to change the number of items in the shopping carts without refreshing the page – a very desirable feature from a sales perspective. Users generally lose patience at this stage and the result is – an abandoned cart! Well, with the new Magento, this will be handled.
- Introducing the new payment scheme for customer’s convenience – “Bill Me Later” this option enables the customer to pay for the purchase within the next 6 months. Merchants get paid up front. Merchants need to pay only the regular PayPal transaction fee.
- Bill Me Later is estimated to result in 18% increase in sales.
- The new and improved checkout process enables customers to select an alternative payment mode in case the credit card processor fails.
- A few steps in the checkout process can be eliminated by the merchants to improve customer experience. Merchants can disable the Order Review page (or enable it if they require so) and also eliminate the necessity of “Update Order” before proceeding to “Place Order”. This drastically reduces the checkout process and users can breeze through the check out process very fast and without unnecessary complications!
Everything You Need to Know About Klevu for Unparalleled Growth and Better User Experience
Why Companies Turn To Digital Marketing To Survive COVID-19
9 Ways to Engage Your Website Users
10 Reasons Why Marketing in Social Media is Essential for Business Owners
8 Ultimate Instagram Marketing Tips That Can Never Go Wrong
The CEO of Brainvire InfoTech Mr. Chintan Shah Shares Significant Business Strategies with GoodFirms